Hiking season is finally here, and these make a lovely snack to take on the trail – lots of goodies to boost your energy and keep you going. I also love having a few of these in my fridge at home, for casual snacking 😉
Prep time: 10 mins
Makes 10 balls
(Nut free optional, gluten free optional)
- 1 cup oats* (rolled or quick)
- 1/3 cup almond butter*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cacao bins
- 1/2 tsp almond extract*
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- A pinch of salt
In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Using wet hands, create 10 balls from the mixture.
*Use gluten free oats for a gluten free option
*Substitute almond butter for tahini or sunflower seed butter for a nut free option
*Substitute almond extract for vanilla extract for a nut-free option
- Roll in 1 tbsp of shredded coconut or cocoa powder
- Use peanut butter, tahini or sesame seed butter instead of almond butter
- Add/sub ginger powder for other spices like cinnamon and/or cardamom
- Add other add ons; dried fruit (chopped apricots, dates, apples etc), sesame seeds, chocolate chips etc
Making this recipe? I’d love to see your creation! Send me a photo or tag Roni’s Kitchen on social media 😍
Subscribe to my Recipe of the Week list to get a fresh, plant-based recipe straight to your inbox, each week!
Looking for more recipes?
Click here to get your printed or electronic copy of my new cookbook!
100 vegan recipes from my food journeys around the world.