About Roni’s Kitchen
“I opened Roni’s Kitchen when I was 5 years old. My first customers were my parents and brothers. They were a kind and forgiving crowd… Since then, I have had the pleasure of cooking in kitchens around the world, experiencing and experimenting with new ingredients and flavours. After 7 wonderful years at ‘The Coup’ in Calgary (awarded 8th best vegetarian restaurant in the world by The Daily Meal), I decided to start my own business – Roni’s Kitchen – in 2014. It has been an amazing adventure ever since!“
Roni’s Kitchen’s mission is to reconnect you with food, empower you through cooking, and help you feel more comfortable in your own kitchen!
Roni Zaide decided to become a vegetarian on her 11th birthday. Years later she made the transition to a full vegan, plant-based lifestyle. Roni loves to share her passion for delicious, healthy eats through a variety of plant-based cooking classes. Roni shares step by step, easy-to-follow, mouth-watering recipes from around the world.
Roni has been teaching in-person cooking classes since 2014, and is now happy to also offer her classes online, so anyone, anywhere in the world, can access the classes whenever it works for them!
Previous offerings from Roni’s Kitchen include; pop-up brunch at Cafe Koi, weekly meal service, grab & go vegan line for local cafes, and Street Food Saturdays.
“Food is definitely one of my love languages. Making food for others has always brought me joy and a sense of purpose. My passion has taken me around the world, inspiring me to create diverse and exciting recipes, and I am thrilled to share those flavours with you!”
In the Media:
- Plant-Based Canada Podcast: Cooking Up Inspiration with Roni Zaide
- Calgary Guardian – Homegrown Business: Roni Zaide of Roni’s Kitchen
- Transforming Matters Podcast with Rachel Babaganov – Collaboration over Hierarchy
- Rated Viral – Best Cooking Classes in Calgary
- Foodies of the Year 2022 – Western Living Magazine
- Go Solo – Subkit: Learn to Make Delicious Plant-based Recipes
- Foodies of the Year Finalists 2022
- Phoenix Rising Podcast with Lisa Hillyer – The Story of a Kitchen Witch
- Global News – Calgary chef takes vegan cooking school online
- Avenue Calgary – Vegetarian and Vegan Cuisine From Around the World
- The Best Calgary – Best Culinary Schools in Calgary
- Avenue Calgary – Meet Roni Zaide, the Vegan Calgary Chef Behind Roni’s Kitchen
- Avenue Calgary – Where to Try Virtual Cooking Classes in Calgary
- Culinaire Magazine – Book Review
- Calgary Herald – Top 10 Bestsellers Books
- Ethical Entrepreneur Magazine – Featuring Calgary Change-Makers
- Light Cellar – Roni’s Kitchen interview – A cookbook from around the world
- RestoBiz – Plant-based businesses
- Global News – Street Food Saturdays
- Top Canada – 10 Places offering Cooking Classes in Calgary
- Global News- Crowdfunding campaign helps make Calgarian’s vegan cookbook a reality
- Global News – Roni’s Kitchen sets its sights on new vegan cookbook
- Global News – Vegan-friendly meals for the holidays
- Flare – The Best Cooking Classes Across Canada
- Narcity Calgary – 40 Things You Gotta Do In Calgary
- Calgary Herald – Eating Vegan in Cowtown
- CBC – Cool Calgary: Pop-up vegetarian brunch
- CJSW – Roni’s Kitchen On “The Soapbox Derby”
In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we live, work and play on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.