This lovely “warm” weather (it’s all relative, right?) we’re having here in Calgary is getting me excited about spring and summer..!
After making so many soups and stews over the past little while, I find myself craving more fresh foods when the sun comes out.
Fattoush salad is one of my favourite salads to make and eat – it’s so colorful and full of beautiful flavours, plus it’s a great opportunity to use my Za’atar Pita Chips!
‘Fattoush’ is also the name of one of my favourite restaurants in Israel (located in the city of Haifa by the beautiful Bahá’í gardens) – I can’t wait until I can go visit my family and indulge in delicious meals with them once again.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 3 radishes, diced
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- A handful of fresh mint, chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Za’atar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp sumac (optional)
- ½ cup crushed Za’atar Pita Chips
- ⅓ cup cubed Vegan Feta – I like to use my Tofu Feta recipe or Violife’s delicious feta style cheese
- A handful of Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
Place the diced vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
Add olive oil, lemon juice and spices, mix together.
Transfer into a serving plate/bowl.
Top with crushed za’atar pita chips, cubed feta, Kalamata olives and fresh oregano.
Making this recipe? I’d love to see your creation! Send me a photo or tag Roni’s Kitchen on social media 😍